Sunday, March 30, 2008

Post for someone I know

I used to know Tope Awe when I lived in Chadbourne Residential College. She was the Multicultural Resident Liaison when I was there.

She is in danger of being deported to Nigeria, a place she hasn't seen for twenty years, because her father's medical visa has expired.

Tope is a third-year pharmacy student, the Multicultural Resident Liaison, a founder of the African Students Association, and someone whom I and many others acknowledge has contributed a lot to UW-Madison.

She deserves to finish her education!

The Wisconsin State Journal has an article about her - please take the time to read it.

If you live in Madison, please, PLEASE send a message of support for Tope, if you can, to our senators and representative.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: